Monday, March 7, 2011

mark and the dragon?

it was a sweltering day in empangeni, zululand. for those that might not know ,zululand is the home of the zulu people,the once fiercest fighting people in africa, and the famous/ infamous king shaka(who i am told lived two doors down from where i stay)
it is a lush land of endless green....trees,shrubs and grass(both types)....and the home of many,many snakes.

i was sitting minding my own business when a cry for help was sounded.a snake had taken up residence in one of my mother-in-law's guest rooms. bravely i stormed to help, but when i saw the snake and its vicious attitude, i did the sensible thing.....turned and ran, heart thumping, to go and find my weapon of choice. in this case a floor mop with a rubber sponge end.i thought of using the bucket as a helmet but sidelined that as it would obscure my vison.so i returned armed and ready.

i saw the giant monster, writhing and jaws gaping....hearing my beautiful wife screaming and pleading 'dont hurt him...please don't hurt him!' i attacked with my sword....er...mop...the snake's jaws snapped closed on the mop. i quickly lifted it up...ran to the fence and flung him over...


i stood back panting...and turned to my princess and swelling with pride i said 'did you see that'
she looked at me lovingly and said...'i hope you did not hurt that tiny, little house snake . it was all of 8 inches long and scared out of it's wits'.

well one dragon down what next?????

No comments:

Post a Comment